Another Vegan Lunchbox

I want to start blogging my daughters' vegan lunches.. and maybe comment about issues with trying to raise a vegan kids etc.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Today's lunch

Nothing fancy today for my first post. Today my daughter (who I'll call scooby from now on - cause she is a nosy-butt) got a PB&J (which she likes / I hate) with o'soy strawberry soy yoghurt, baby carrots, sliced oranges and a vegan brownie. I made vegan brownies over the weekend and I'm ready for them to be finished up and out of the house. For beverage she had minute-maid apple-grape juice. When I picked her up yesterday her friend said that I need to pack ranch dressing for dipping fruits/veggies in. I located a vegan ranch dressing recipe off of vegweb.com and will try to make some this weekend. Maybe Monday we'll have a dipping type lunch. Her friend's comment made me wonder if maybe scooby is sharing her lunches? I tend to fix her a lot of food because I don't want her to get hungry.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Michael said…

    Time to break out the vegan digital camera. We want pictures. :-)

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Kourtney said…

    If the vegan ranch dressing doesn't work out, I usually just bring hummus to dip my carrots in.

    Sounds like my kind of lunch! If I don't bring enough food I end up staring at the vending machine, so I usually bring lots of extra fruit and vegetables.

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger R-C said…

    Yeah I'll have to figure out how to post pictures.. though scooby's lunchbox is a little unconventional. I may have to take the picture before I put the food in the lunchbox. She ate her sandwich, yoghurt and half the carrots. Left her orange slices put.. said she didn't have time to eat them.

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger Callycearc said…

    Hey, great blog! Why is it vegan kids always have such great food? All I used to get was cheese butties, and they gave me stomach cramp...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home