Another Vegan Lunchbox

I want to start blogging my daughters' vegan lunches.. and maybe comment about issues with trying to raise a vegan kids etc.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

October 3, 2005

I don't think I'm going to bother with a picture today. The batteries are dead in my camera and the food is all put away in the fridge. I'll charge my camera batteries overnight but I'll be busy in the morning.. no time for pictures. Anyway so here what scooby will have for Monday I cut up two slices of smartdeli turkey flavour into 6 small pieces each so 12 total pieces. I packed 8 crackers so that she can make 4 small cracker sandwiches. She has a mix of frozen berries (that shouldn't be frozen anymore by the time she eats them) of strawberries, blueberries, rasberries, and blackberries. A cup of sliced peaches. And a baggie of broccoli and carrots. The dip didn't come out so good. I think she'll be fine eating them plain until I can test some more dip recipes...

Just wanted to add some ranting.. I'm so tired of having to go to like 3 different stores to get what I need. I have to go to Whole Foods to get Vegenaise. And our Whole Foods didn't have ANY soy yoghurt. Well my daughter hates Silk so it has to be the O'soy kind and I'm almost out of those. I guess another trip to Kroger's is in order - and Kroger's doesn't have Vegenaise!!!!! Yeah I use Nayonaise to avoid having to make extra trips to Whole Foods to get nothing but Vegenaise. It is just a pain - I can't even get soy yoghurt from Whole Foods. I used to drive to Whole Foods every so often to get Tofurky Jurky but the last couple of times I've been there they haven't even had that. I can't get Tofurky Jurky anywhere. Harris Teeter if you are reading this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start carrying tofurky jurky, vegenaise and French Vanilla flavoured Silk creamer.. so I don't have to shop at all these other stores!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger lucky said…

    In state races, it's the year of the blog
    In the blog world, polls aren't just polls. They're "stale, left-leaning media polls!" - at least according to Rob Stutzman, Gov.
    I just came across your blog while surfing, Nice! If you are interested in tattoo you should visit this related site tattoo You may find it of interest.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Amon Riley said…

    Thanks for posting on my site. One of my best friends in highschool was a vegan. Just curious, where can I find some good information on the vegan lifestyle? I've tried looking for books on the subject at various bookstores with no luck. Perhaps you can suggest some, or maybe just share some word of mouth knowledge.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger R-C said…

    I just read "Living Among Meat Eaters" by Carol Adams that was just an awesome book. Websites.. I'd say check out www.vegfamily.com www.foodrevolution.org there's a lot of stuff out there.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger R-C said…

    oh and check out some of the literature at www.veganoutreach.org

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Amon Riley said…

    Thanks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home