Another Vegan Lunchbox

I want to start blogging my daughters' vegan lunches.. and maybe comment about issues with trying to raise a vegan kids etc.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

December 1st 2005

Little Scooby's meal is a mac and veggie cheese that I got from a recipe off of www.vegweb.com and it turned out really good. I put the elbow macaroni in a pot and just covered it in Imagine No-Chicken Broth and boiled for about ten minutes. Then I added a little soy cheese right on top. There are few versions of vegan cheese but I've only been able to find vegan singles which I don't like as much as veganrella. Any store execs reading this listen up - VEGANRELLA. Anyway so I added a slice on top of the macaroni. Altogether little scooby is getting the mac'n'cheese, raisins, orange slices and an apple-grape minute maid. Oh she also wanted two golden oreos. Its a lot less food than I've been giving her but she seems to be eating much less food lately. So far everyday this week she has came home with her lunchbox half full. Oh and little scooby lost her first tooth on Saturday night. And is about to loose the one next to it. Maybe the missing and loose tooth have something to do with eating less food.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Newsandseduction said…

    I too am a vegan for lasr six years except for an occassioinal egg. Are you convinced veganism is better?

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger R-C said…

    I became vegetarian twenty-four years ago because the idea of eating animal flesh was gross. Over the past several years my idea of what is 'gross' has been expanded to include animal products period. If I don't need to eat eggs or dairy why should I?

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger R-C said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Harmonia said…

    I haven't seen Veganrella around here! If you know of a website or a place online to order, let me know!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Vegan Momma said…

    You could send a comment to the stores you shop at. They might start carrying them. I did that, several years ago, at a local grocey store. A few months later they started carrying the vegetarian items.

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Harmonia said…

    Thank you as always for your comments. It was great getting them on a Monday! It brightened my day! Hope all is well with you and your fam!

    See you soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home