Another Vegan Lunchbox

I want to start blogging my daughters' vegan lunches.. and maybe comment about issues with trying to raise a vegan kids etc.

Friday, November 18, 2005

The Olympics

This isn't a lunch-box or food related post in anyway. I just read on msnbc that the bill to give Tanith Belbin her citizenship failed in Congress yesterday. I can only ask.... WHY? She's lived in this country since she was a teenager and if she'd applied for citizenship just a little bit LATER she'd be an American by now. But because she didn't wait until after 'the rules' had changed she's stuck waiting until after the Olympics for her citizenship. What is wrong with Congress that they don't want the best figure skater in the world right now (yeah I know second at world's so that's kind of opinion) compete in the Olympics. Tanith Belbin will be an American citizen SOMEday.... the 2006 Winter Olympics are coming and the January 10th deadline is right around the corner. Tanith Belbin and her partner Ben Agusto are the best in the world -> Let them PROVE it.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Harmonia said…

    To behonest, I haven't heard much about this yet but am interested. I will have to research it a bit...thank you for the topic.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger R-C said…

    Here is the full story from MSNBC http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10101032/ I've been following the story for a while.. she's lived in the US for 7 years and already missed one Olympics because of her citizenship which she nearly has anyway. People have been calling their congressmen and it really looked she was going to get her citizenship in time for the Olympics. Its just frustrating that Congress actually denied her her citzenship when she had come this far.

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Harmonia said…

    For a link list:
    I've used www.blogrolling.com

    Blogsome has a feature I use now.

    Hope that helps.

    :)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger R-C said…

    I don't know if I'm going to bother with trying to do links anytime soon.. maybe one day. I'm going to try and get my photos of yesterday's feast downloaded and do a blog on our vegan thanksgiving tonight or tomorrow.. so be sure to check back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home