Another Vegan Lunchbox

I want to start blogging my daughters' vegan lunches.. and maybe comment about issues with trying to raise a vegan kids etc.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Welcome Back!

Well I haven't been doing much creative with the food since school has been back in session. I bought some trail mix that I've been dividing up into little ziplock bags for her afternoon snack. So lil scooby is getting trail mix, fruit cups, soy yoghurt and minute-maid apple grape juice in her lunchbox pretty much everyday. And she has had for her sandwiches this week hummus with sliced olives on whole wheat pita, pb&j and smartdog pigs'n'blankets - repeating a couple of meals. So not a lot to post there. We've been going thru a lot of issues this past week. She's got in trouble for tattle-telling and for sticking her tongue out. We talked about this some last night - she was punished for the sticking her tongue earlier this week when I made her write "I will not stick my tongue out" ten times (it took a good 15-20 minutes to do so it was no light punishment). Anyway she said that the other kids had called her fat and that that was why she had stuck her tongue out (more than once). Well she gets in trouble for tattle-telling often so what is she supposed to do. Agh. I believe what she says about the kids saying she was fat.. she's asked me before if I thought she was skinny. She's on the high end of normal weight range so definitely not skinny/underweight but not fat/overweight either. Though she has a much more muscular/athletic build than the average 6 year old.

Oh Congratulations to Tanith Belbin on her American citizenship December 31st. We look forward to Turin. And I added a link to Tanith/Ben at Nationals on ESPN.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:03 AM, Blogger Harmonia said…

    Miss your posts and your visits!

     
  • At 6:04 AM, Blogger R-C said…

    I tried to post over on your blog and it blocked me. I've been really busy lately we've got a ton of things going on with the start of the competition season. I haven't really been doing anything different with the lunches.. just kind of varying ideas I've already posted. So far this week scooby got a pb&j, veggie pigs in blanket, beans with smartdogs, and a hummus and smartturkey sandwich. Along with some soy yoghurt and fruit cups pretty much everyday. When I get some time I'll post a what's been going on blog.

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Harmonia said…

    WOW! It blocked you? Goodness! I know over a week ago blogsome was having some issues...and sometimes they ask for a verification number...

    huh...


    Let me know if you continue to have problems.

    I did get your comment today though...thanks for trying again.

    What kind of competitions do you do to again?

    HUMMUS! YUM! Have you tried the Avocado Hummus yet? I found it online and edited it a tad and posted it on my blog. 3 people have tried it and really enjoyed it...I was giddy!

    What kind of Soy Yougurt do you buy?

    :)

    Great to see you again!

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger R-C said…

    We buy O'soy because my daughter has always had a strong adversion to silk. I think she doesn't like the logo LOL. I could no longer find the soymilk that I was buying for her and we tried several brands to no avail and after a while she got where she will drink silk now and I haven't tried the silk yoghurt since she started drinking the silk. So maybe that would go over okay now. I don't know. I haven't tried the avacado hummus - sounds yummy though. My daughter is a figure skater. Starting in March she has a competition about every month straight thru summer. She is working on 2 different programs that she will be doing all season. But she has to have them ready by March 4. And her dress has to be ready by March 4 as well. Or maybe I could wait until after this competition is over to the get the crystals put on it. I can't decide how I want them to look. Oh and her secondary coach can't work with her on Tuesdays anymore (and I can't get a replacement anytime soon I don't think) so for the time being she is only being coached for the competition 2x a week. So I'm trying to fit in another two practices a week with her so she can be prepared. She doesn't like to listen to me so much because I'm mom and I don't know anything about figure skating. So I have to pay coaches a lot of money to not listen to me. After she performs her programs one time I think she will be fine and my stress can subside. That's a whole big blog isn't it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home