Another Vegan Lunchbox

I want to start blogging my daughters' vegan lunches.. and maybe comment about issues with trying to raise a vegan kids etc.

Friday, February 17, 2006

After Valentines' Day

Little scooby has been sick the past couple of days but is back to normal now. She suffered some horrible flu bug.. or food poisoning or something. I don't know. The weather here fluctuates tremendously. It was a beautiful 74 to 75 degrees today. I would've loved to have been outside enjoying it. Tomorrow it is only supposed to get up into the 40s and may get cold enough rate snow. Its hard to imagine with as warm is it was today. But the constantly changing weather must take a toll on a child's immune system. Little scooby ate some of those hearts with the words on them. She got them in a Valentine at school. She didn't know they had gelatin in them. It was exactly EASY to find the ingredients listed on the box. Well now we know. The other night I ate my husband's veggie burger by mistake. I had no idea. He got really upset that I ate HIS burger. I certainly didn't eat something with dairy in it on PURPOSE. The thought grosses me out. But I have much the same reaction that I gave my daughter about the hearts. Now I know to be more careful.. there's nothing we can do after it has already happening. The gelatin probably gave her food poisoning.

Today little scooby got PB&J, peach flavoured soy yoghurt, orange slices, and apple minute maid.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Harmonia said…

    Good to hear the lil one is feeling better! Hope all is well with you, too!

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger R-C said…

    We were in a car accident yesterday. My body is so sore. My husband said I should be glad I am alive and not complaining.

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Harmonia said…

    Come check out the new Meme I started! It’s the Midweek Munchies Post with a code to (hopefully) make it easier. I would love for you to help get this thing started and help spread the word! I think it will be fun!!!
    Harmonia
    http://harmonia.blogsome.com

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Harmonia said…

    OH GEEZ! I just saw your other comment!!! So Sorry to hear about the accident! Are you feeling any better? You are in my thoughts and prayers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home