Another Vegan Lunchbox

I want to start blogging my daughters' vegan lunches.. and maybe comment about issues with trying to raise a vegan kids etc.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Wonderbread Rant

As some of you may know my daughter on recently (within the last year) started to eat sliced bread. Wonderbread is about the only vegan whitebread that I know of. If you know of any other please fill me in. Anyway, wonderbread now has like 5 new varieties. All of these new varieties have dairy in them. I had trouble finding one loaf of regular (vegan) wonderbread this weekend. I'm not sure what we can do about this.. write wonderbread, complain to managers at the stores, etc. But we need to let them know that we appreciate having a vegan option in wonderbread available to us.

Today's lunch for little scooby consisted of smartdeli bologna and garlic hummus on wonderbread. A strawberry O'soy yoghurt, sliced oranges and an apple-grape minute maid. Like I said in another post I haven't been too creative of late with the lunch ideas.

My stress level is going down somewhat as my daughter's programs seem to be coming along nicely. I worry too much about her messing up. She can only do her best - and that is starting to look pretty good. So I'm happy. I can do my somebody has to finish first, somebody has to finish last, and somebody has to finish every place in between so all that really matters is that you do your best speech.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger Harmonia said…

    I was going to write to them anyhow because they are no longer servicing our area! Ek! I miss my wonderbread...although it was forced me to try new whoel grain breads that I may not have tried before...not that I would only eat white bread but you know what I mean. Thank you for this post!

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there, just came upon your site through a link. Um, just curious, but is there any reason your daughter eats wonderbread? Growing up, my mom forced us all to eat whole wheat bread for toast and sandwiches. Now I love it. Just a thought. Wonderbread just seems like eating flavorless air to me.

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger R-C said…

    The object of packing my daughter's lunch is to provide her with nutrious vegan food that she will eat. Mine is not the kind of child that is forced to do anything:) For my child's entire life I have had to work around her not eating any kind of sliced bread. She still eats a lot of other kinds of bread - especially whole wheat pita bread. But there is nothing like being able to just put something between two pieces of bread. When I was a kid my mom used to make me fruit sandwiches. My favourite was pineapple sandwiches.. back in the days when I ate mayo (nasty I know but we didn't have vegenaise then and I went thru stages of eating and not eating eggs).
    Maybe I'll do a blog entry about the stupid people who send their kids to school with healthy (bad-tasting food).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home